Old Trafford on New Years Day, what an epic victory… While I can’t deny the fact that the last 30 minutes or so of the game were nerve racking to the point that I almost forgot I was hungover, Tim Sherwood has officially won me over with this fantastic win.
Walker – Chiriches – Dawson – Rose
Lennon – Capoue – Dembele – Eriksen
Adebayor – Soldado
Bentaleb for Capoue 67′
Chadli for Adebayor 69′
Kane for Soldado 75′
- Officially the MOTM was Vlad Chiriches. While he did have a great game, I thought Lloris and Eriksen also played outstanding.
- I’ve said this before, but Lennon is our most dangerous winger and should start every game. Eriksen out wide does narrow our attack and often Rose was getting left out to dry defensively. That being said I like the decision and it’s proving to be very deadly in our attack.
- Soldado missed another sitter, but I’m still very happy with his play. He’s developing good chemistry with Adebayor and playing more of a playmaker role. He was playing creative, incisive balls into the box that we so desperately need.
- Adebayor is back and in my mind our best striking option at the moment. I want to continue to see the pairing with Soldado, but if we had to choose one it would be the man from Togo for me. He was hustling all over the pitch in this match and eventually wore himself out and had to be stretchered off with cramps all over his body!
- I know that Sandro is technically ‘The Beast’, but Dembele effectively took on this role against United. His ability to muscle people off the ball is like no one else in the league and I literally thought for a moment that during their battle for possession he was going to make Wayne Rooney cry. Paired with Capoue in the middle those two are some serious bruisers, wearing down any opposing midfielders easily…
Example of Soldado being a playmaker
Lloris diving header clearance